Everyday Life

Everyday Life
My peeps in San Fran last summer

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKSGIVING UPDATES

BACK FROM LA

RAINED ALL THE WAY TO LA WITH FOG AND FREEZING ON SUNDAY-
WOKE UP MONDAY AND IT WAS SUNNY THANK GOD
DR HAMID SAID MY BLOOD WORK LOOKED BETTER THAN WHEN THEY TOOK THE LAST SCANS AT SUNRISE ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO

I HAD BEEN OFF THE ZELBORAF FOR 3 WEEKS THEN AND ONE OF MY ABDOMINAL FRIENDS WAS GROWING

IT LOOKS LIKE HOPEFULLY MY BOIMARKERS FOR THE TUMOR HAS STABILIZED A BIT NOW AND CROSS YOUR FINGERS THE TUMOR HAS STOPPED GROWING OR SLOWED DOWN BECAUSE IT IS BY MY STOMACH AND BETWEEN THE RADIATION AND NO SALIVA AND THE GROWTH I DIDN'T WANT TO EAT-YUCK!  SO DR HAMID GRILLED TIM ABOUT WHAT I WAS ACTUALLY EATING.  I AM EATING A LITTLE MORE BUT IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE PARTICULAR THINGS BECAUSE MY SALIVA IS NOT ALWAYS COOPERATING WITH ME. 
SO DR HAMID GAVE ME PAPERS TO BRING BACK WITH US ABOUT ANOTHER TRIAL IN CASE I NEED IT I WONT HAVE TO DRIVE DOWN THERE JUST TO PICK UP AND WANTS US BACK CHRISTMAS WEEK-YAYE
I WILL HAVE ALL MY TESTS NEXT WEEK HERE BUT THEY WILL NEED TO BE SENT TO LA ALSO.
HE IS VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD WITH US SOMETIMES THAT IS HARD BUT IT IS COMPLIMENTARY TO THE WAY DR OBARA IS WITH ME AND SO CARING.
DR HAMID TOLD US ABOUT MEETING DR OBARA AND DISCUSSING OPTIONS WITH HIM ABOUT MY CARE BUT WE WILL SEE IF THE ZELBORAF HAS STOPPED WORKING FIRST.  I AM NOT GETTING OFF AGAIN BECAUSE IT SEEMED LIKE EVERYTHING STARTED HAPPENING AND NOT FOR THE BETTER.  YERVOY WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 3 MONTHS TO START WORKING AND DR HAMID DOES NOT FEEL THAT IS A GOOD OPTION BESIDES I CANT DO THAT TREATMENT BECAUSE OF THE STEROIDS I'M WEENING OFF ANYWAY.  SO AT LEAST WE HAVE SOME ANSWERS FROM DR HAMID AND MAYBE A PLAN WITH ANOTHER DRUG THAT BACKS UP ZELBORAF BUT LOOKS LIKE MORE SIDE EFFECTS.  I THINK ITS WAIT AND SEE UNTIL END OF NEXT WEEK. 

SO WE HAD BEAUTIFUL WEATHER DRIVING BACK AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS NICE BEING GONE OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR AWHILE SOMEWHERE BESIDES GOING TO THAT RADIATION TREATMENT.  WE GOT TO ORDER ROOM SERVICE AND SOUP AND THINGS I COULD EAT ALTHOUGH NOT ALOT IT WAS A CHANGE (YOU KNOW I DON'T EAT SOUP OUT OF A CAN -YUCK)  YES GIRLS I HAVEN'T CHANGED THAT MUCH WHEN IT COMES TO MY FOOD!  I EVEN HAVE TIM CHECKING DATES ON THINGS NOW SPENCE AND TIM ARE NEUROTIC ABOUT THAT.  I AM YELLING IN THE KITCHEN-WHATS THE DATE?  HAH

WENT DOWN TO 2 1/2 MG OF STEROID A DAY AND BOY THAT MUCH IS A DIFFERENCE-STILL GETS FEET SWOLLEN A LITTLE BUT YOU WIND UP FEELING BETTER AFTER A WEEK-BUT JITTERY UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT. 
I WAS UPSET THIS WEEK BECAUSE A BLOG I FOLLOW-SMELANOMA-LOST HIS BATTLE AND HE HAD BEEN BATTLING A LONG TIME AND WAS SO POSITIVE.  WHEN THEY STARTED HIM ON ZELBORAF THEY WERE ONLY GIVING HIM HALF THE DOSE BY ACCIDENT AND THE DISEASE PROGRESSED-IT MIGHT HAVE ANYWAY BUT IS SEEMED SO SUDDEN AND I WAS DEPRESSED FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.  HIS BLOG WAS ONE OF THE BEST IVE SEEN AND IVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS-SO SAD WE NEED A CURE NOW.

THANKSGIVING-MAKE THIS ONE COUNT!  I WILL BE WITH MY SON AND THE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT ME MOST -(TIM, JOE AND THE WHOLE FAMILY AND HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ABLE TO SOMETHING BECAUSE CHRISSY AND BONNIE MAKE A BIG SPREAD EVERY THANKSGIVING! YUMMY

SO FOR NOW I AM HANGING IN AND TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE AT LEAST UNTIL I CAN START EATING A LITTLE MORE WOULD BE NICE-HAH  WHAT A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU CANT TASTE AND YOU WANT TO-OF COURSE I CAN THINK OF A MILLION THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO EAT NOW AND YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD BE LOSING WEIGHT BUT IM NOT -REALLY 
STUPID STEROIDS

SO TO EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING AND KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE IN YOUR LIFE AROUND YOU THIS TIME OF YEAR.

RANDI











WHO'S SO CUTE










SPENCE IN JR HIGH ONE THANKSGIVING!....
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randi,

    You haven't updated the blog for a bit. Please let us know how your treatment is going:)

    Best wishes,

    Someone in London

    ReplyDelete